You have children or you are expecting a child. Your children will be entitled to orphan’s pension if you die. We do impose a few conditions however.
What should you do?
- Do you live in the Netherlands?
You do not need to register your child. We will get all the details from the municipality you live in.
- Do you live abroad?
Report the birth of your child to the pension fund.
- Do you have step-children or foster children?
And would you like them to be eligible for orphan’s pension? You will need to register them with the pension fund yourself.
What are the criteria?
- your child must have been born before you retire and
- your child must be under 18 or
- your child must be under 27 (if attending an educational establishment for more than 20 hours a week)
The orphan’s pension is 14% of the retirement pension. All the amounts will appear on your annual pension statement.